I have been working on a WordPress (WP) Theme which uses the new Bootstrap 4 framework. I have found that many WP themes which are available tend to be bloated with features and functionality which is un-necessary – this leads to a lot of time spent removing these features, so that the website management is uncluttered.
Too many features do also slow a website down, which is a key factor in Google’s page ranking, so this starter theme is built with minimal plugins and makes use of asynchronous script loading.
The theme up using the minimum of attributes:
- Bootstrap4 responsive framework
- Font Awesome support
- Responsive layered slider
- Retina ready
- Triple Menu support (top, main and base)
- WooCommerce support
- Built-in Social Media support
- Standard and sticky headers
- One-Page scrolling page feature
- + the usual page, post and blog activities
This theme is already being used as a basis for several new websites under construction at the moment – and is proving very adaptable for customised builds. I have set up a demo where the theme will be evolving